Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Burial

This morning I awoke to the sounds of my children playing in their room. I stayed in bed and listened while drifting back to sleep. About 20-30 minutes later Spencer started fussing so I reluctantly (I was tired, and the cry started as an "I'm ready to get out of bed" cry, not an "I'm hurt"cry.) got out of bed, went to the bathroom, and made my way to the boys' room. When I got there, Spencer's crying had escalated and his crib was blocking the door. I peeked in to tell Ethan to help me move it and, from what I saw, the adrenaline immediately kicked in so I pushed the door hard and moved the crib. Spencer was in a panic buried beneath at least a foot of clothes and blankets that Ethan had pulled from the dresser and some boxes in the closet. Spencer is obviously ok, but we all got a good scare, and I guess I will be putting the boxes of clothes somewhere else.

5 comments:

Scrappy said...

Oh, my gosh!!! That is so scary. I have had similar (but not quite that dramatic) experiences. I am sure you could have moved a mountain in that moment!
I am surprised I didn't get a call about this. :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Scary! Poor little Spencer.

McD said...

You know, you should just draw an arrow from your post to the picture of that crazy first born, pinching, biting, little "angel" of yours on the side of your blog. That pretty much explains everything someone would want to know. Kind of like, "Ahhhhh, makes sense!"
That 2nd child of yours is going to have his day, maybe not for a little while, but it will happen.

Roxanne said...

That stinker! It's a good thing Spencer is so good natured.

Mrs. Morty said...

OH, poor baby!!