Friday, February 29, 2008

Such A Waste...

...Of time, money, energy, and my limited creativity.
I am speaking of the Christmas gift I made for Ethan that I knew he would love (and he does), and I was so excited about. I made some nifty little things for Ethan to use with magnetic letters and numbers so that he wouldn't have to use them on my fridge. I also made them so that he might learn his lower-case letters and his numbers more easily. My sister helped me make them, and they were so cute. I kept forgetting to hang them in our new apartment, but finally did last week. I'm glad I took a picture, because I want to at least remember that I made something cute once. After a couple of days of being in his room, they were destroyed. He did most of the damage while he was in time-out, and I was wondering why he was being so quiet. I guess I should have known this would happen, he is only two. Maybe I will save what's left of my creative energy for when my kids are old enough to truly appreciate it.

BEFORE:



AFTER:






The guilty; looking so innocent!

4 comments:

mommyofthree said...

What a cute little stinker! He can still use them to match though, even though the tops are ruined, right? They are (were) so cute.

scrap chair potato said...

So very sad. But I still can't help giggling about the "after" pictures. :)

gma dibb said...

I'm so sorry. They were very cute and he loved them when he got them for Christmas.
That IS a cute grin.

Megan said...

That is a great idea--I will definitely use that one, but obviously it needs to wait a little bit. Hopefully it will be useful again in a few years!