Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Finally! (I Hope)

I spent 2 1/2 LONG hours at the Hoopes Vision Center today along with my very kind Aunt Diane who watched (fought with) my kids then drove me home afterward. My dad also was able to come as he was in town for work. After seeing three different doctors, the last one (Dr. Hoopes, Jr.) finally was able to tell me what is wrong with my eyes. Turns out, it's not any type of virus. My eyes are suffering from a lack of oxygen due to contact lens overuse. Obviously I was instructed to continue wearing my glasses until they cleared up. He gave me some steroid drops to use for the next couple of weeks that he said should help my eyes to heal. I have to see him again next week to check for improvement. Then I will need to see my optometrist again so that he can give me the ok to go back to using contacts (although I'm not entirely sure I want to). Dr. Hoopes said that some people's eyes can handle years and years of contact lens wear, but some can't. He said that even if my eyes do heal completely this could happen again. If it does he said I just shouldn't ever wear contacts again. So... I am relieved to know what's wrong with me, but I am not excited that I have to continue wearing my new trend: sunglasses over glasses. (I REALLY need to find some clip-ons that fit my frames!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your eye problem is easily fixed.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Phew!