Friday, October 3, 2008

A Thankless Job?

Overheard at our house yesterday:

Ethan: What are you doing, Mommy?

Me: Just doing the dishes.

E: Thank you, Mommy.

M: For what?

E: For helping clean up.


And then today, about an hour after I gave the boys haircuts and baths and while Ethan was playing on the computer:

E: Thank you...Mommy, thank you!

M: For what?

E: A haircut.


It is so wonderful to have my son thank me for doing something that is "my job" without me telling him to. I hope this is the beginning of many thank you's to come. It is nice that I can now say with certainty that mine is not a thankless job!

4 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

What a sweet boy! Can I borrow him?

Ashlie Dalton said...

You have DEFINITELY done something right Emily! I'd also like to borrow him and see if we can't get him to rub off on Cole someday! :)

Gunnell Fam said...

how precious! I'm sure stuff like that makes being a mommy all the more rewarding.

Scooter said...

He'll make up for it.


Actually, J still does things like that once in a while and it is always golden.